Rollover Car Accidents
Rollover car accidents are rarely trivial as they often result in catastrophic or fatal injuries to those involved. In fact, in one recent year, more than 7,600 people in the United States were killed in rollover accidents, and many more seriously injured. In 2016, Florida rollover accidents resulted in 192 fatalities and 981 incapacitating injuries. Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney David B. Datny and The Datny Law Firm help victims of rollover accidents and their families by working closely with them to ensure that any party that is at fault is held legally responsible for the resulting injuries or the untimely and tragic loss of a victim’s life.
The Datny Law Firm offers a combination of extensive experience in car accident claims (including rollover accidents), compassionate yet relentless representation, and client-tailored processes to make it as easy as possible for you to get the help you need when you need it. You can begin by calling us at 561-221-7474 or clicking “chat” in the lower right-hand corner of this page 24 hours a day. We’re committed to being here when you need us, whether that’s mid-day on a Monday or late on a Saturday night. We’ll also work with you to make the consultation convenient and accessible, whether that means a meeting in our office, a call or video conference, or traveling to meet with you.Common Causes of Rollover Car Accidents
Rollover car accidents are unique in that the vast majority—about 85%--are single-car accidents. Determining the cause of the car accident may be complicated, as driver behaviors, vehicle type, road conditions, and environmental factors often combine to trigger a rollover accident.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”) has identified some of the most common factors associated with rollover accidents:
- Vehicle Type: Any type of vehicle may roll over under the right combination of circumstances, but taller, narrower vehicles such as pick-up trucks, vans, and SUVs present a greater risk due to higher centers of gravity.
- Speed: According to the NHTSA, 40% of rollover crashes involve excessive speed, and nearly ¾ occur on roads with speed limits of 55 mph or higher.
- Driving Under the Influence: Nearly half of rollover car accidents involve a driver under the influence of alcohol. It’s important to note that not all of these drivers were legally intoxicated—even slight impairment can make the critical difference in reaction time and ability to avoid an accident.
- Location: Nearly ¾ of rollover fatalities occur on rural roads, generally undivided and without barriers.
The vast majority of rollover car accident lawsuits involve claims against another driver who caused or was involved in the crash. However, insurance companies and defense counsel often seek to undermine rollover accident claimants by suggesting they caused or contributed to the accident by speeding, not paying attention, or driving while impaired. This is why you need a relentless Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney and Rollover Accident Lawyer like David B. Datny who can represent your interests and fight against the insurance company lawyers whether you were partially responsible or not.
Another common type of rollover accident lawsuit involves product liability claims against the vehicle manufacturer. Design and manufacturing defect actions and/or breach of warranty claims are very complicated and an experienced products liability attorney can assist you with evaluating your legal rights.
Other possible responsible parties for rollover car accidents include:
- Another driver whose actions triggered the accident, though the vehicles did not make contact. For example, a driver who drifted into your lane of traffic or came to an abrupt stop, requiring you to swerve to avoid a collision.
- A party responsible for debris in the road, such as loose load items falling from a truck, that necessitated quick evasive action.
- The entity responsible for road design and maintenance, if dangerous design or failure to install adequate safety features contributed to the accident.
There may be other potential causes or responsible parties for your rollover accident that are not immediately apparent. Personal Injury Attorney David B. Datny will undertake the necessary discovery and investigation to identify all responsible parties to ensure they are held responsible for your injuries.Talk to an Experienced Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible
If you’ve been seriously injured in a rollover car accident, or lost a loved one unnecessarily, you are undoubtedly facing many challenges, both emotional and practical. Securing the compensation you deserve can provide the breathing room you need to rest, recover, and rebuild. Give yourself the advantage of a seasoned and relentless legal advocate. Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyer David B. Datny has extensive experience in car accident litigation, including rollover accidents, and devotes his legal practice to helping people who have been injured through the negligence of others.
Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney David B. Datny and The Datny Law Firm are available at 561-221-7474 any time of day or night to assist you after an accident. All consultations are FREE and Attorney Datny will travel to you if necessary. He is also willing and able to talk with you via Skype or vide conferencing.
The Datny Law Firm represents injured accident victims in Boca Raton and throughout Palm Beach County including Wellington, Lake Worth, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, North Palm Beach, Lantana, Golden Lakes, Loxahatchee, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Greenacres, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach. We also represent Clients in Broward County including Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, and Sunrise.